Weekly Warrior Workout 95
Warfighter Athletic Physical Performance Assessment Protocol
In order to know where you're going, it is important to know where you are at this exact moment, this is a fundamental of land navigation, we created the WAPPAP for this reason.
The assessment protocol is not only great for gauging where you're at with your physical performance, it is also a great tool for tracking progress, identifying weaknesses, and providing motivation.
At the start of all of our 14 week Tier Series Training Programs you will conduct this assessment, it is a great motivator as at the end of the training program you will conduct the assessment again, the goal, destroy your previous results.
If you're struggling for motivation or you just want to see where you stack up, take the assessment.
The WAPP assessment protocol is comprised of eleven physical components designed to provide data on current physical condition.
Components are as follows:
- 5RM Back Squat: Maximum weight squatted in 5 continuous repetitions. This will also determine predicted 1RM. Assessment – Maximal Squat Strength
- Standing Broad Jump: Double foot jump for max distance (MD). Assessment – Explosive Lower Body Power
- Agility Sprint: Multi-directional shuttle circuit; 0m-5m-0m-10m. Assessment – Agility / Speed Maintenance
- 5RM Bench Press: Maximum weight pressed in 5 continuous repetitions. This will also determine predicted 1RM. Assessment – Maximal Push Strength
- Max Pull Ups: Max reps in one attempt. Assessment – Strength Endurance (Pull)
- 250m Dash: 10 x 25m shuttles as fast as possible (AFAP). Assessment – Anaerobic Power
- 5RM Deadlift: Maximum weight lifted in 5 continuous repetitions. This will also determine predicted 1RM. Assessment – Maximal lift strength
- 1min Row: Max distance (MD) covered in 1min. Assessment – Anaerobic Power
- Max Press Up: Max reps in one attempt. Assessment – Strength Endurance (Press)
- 40m Sprint: Straight line sprint. Assessment – Explosive speed
- 5km Run: For time. Assessment – Aerobic Endurance
Within the program you will conduct 3 standards each day, if you want a challenge, conduct all the testing from start to finish in one hit. To learn more about the 14 Week Performance Programs, CLICK HERE.
Leave a comment